CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The After Party



Now that the 20th debate is over and reporters and bloggers across the country are disputing who won and who will gain the most momentum from this debate, I have to admit that I think Obama won this debate hands down. Senator Obama displayed poise, character, restraint, humility, and genuine concern during Tuesday night's debate. He kept his cool when tested and rised above the attempts to coax him into a playground battle of slap my hand. The restraint he possesses is something that our current commander - in - chief has lacked for his entire term.

Alot has happened in the hours since the debate. Senator Obama's campaign has exceeded the million donor challenge. Representive Lewis from from GA has now thrown his support towards Obama instead of Clinton. A few individuals are feeling fear right now because Senator Obama has positioned himself as a real contender for president. Yes he's mocked for his eloquent speeches that call for us to believe in hope and be the change that we've been waiting for, yet the message is resonating. People are donating. Individuals are turning off the trash and watching CNN and MSNBC again. Teenagers and young adults are well versed in the issues we face as a country and are involving themselves in the political process.

I am proud of what I see happening around me. I am excited for what the days ahead hold. I truly believe that Barack Obama will be the Democratic Nominee who will go on to win the General Election.

0 comments: